A while ago I had a baby idea for this YA fantasy story, but at the time I couldn’t think of all the parts that would have gone together. But today I had a someone break through and have thought up a bunch of things to go with it 🙂 So far it’s mostly the beginning, somewhat of a middle and ending. I’m going to have to divide it into parts to make the plot more manageable.
Wednesday, 15 November, ’17
I did nothing but edit Save One for 11 hours today. I started at 8am and finished at 9pm. It has been one of the most productive days in a long while. All up I only did about 30-40 pages. I finished the third draft 🙂
There were times when I was getting distracted by the internet, but I was motivated by the thought of disappointment. It’s a massive motivation, don’t knock it until you’ve imagined yourselves failing. I’m serious.
OMG. I just finished the third draft of this novella 🙂 I sat down at 8am and am only now finished it. Eleven hours later! I did like 33 pages today 🙂 I am so pleased with myself. So far this book is just under 33,00 words and is a dystopian young adult. I think it might be ready at the beginning of the new year 🙂
It’s just been put up and it’s a light read at 98 pages. I remember the most difficult thing about this setup was creating the book cover. The one I had set up for the individual book cover wasn’t big enough in terms of PDI. So I ended up using the unaltered image I got from iStock. It spreads over the back page as well.
Sunday, 12th November ’17
The only thing of note I did for my writing is come up with a potential new name for a YA story I have had floating around for the last three years 😦
I went and finally created the cover image for Save One. I had this particular image in the back of my head for such a long time now. I experimented with other images, but my mind kept going back to this one. I really think that it’s a decent representation of my story.
The main character is a black teenager and given that the story is a dystopian set in a military state, I didn’t really find any images that embodied that environment. So naturally, I went and found something that I think represents the main character. And since I know almost nothing about image manipulation I kept it simple 🙂
Tuesday, 7th November ’17
Another disappointing day. I think I have only edited a total of 5? pages. For a few hours, my rate was an hour for a page 😦 My writing is fine it was just my head. I’m thinking that the moment I catch up to what I’ve already written and need to change over to finishing the rest of the story is weighing on me.
I have another 10 pages to edit and then it’s story and plot planning. I think I might do a series of dot points in terms of what is supposed to happen (Heads up I still do not know exactly how the story is going to end, maybe I’ll surprise myself).
I have also been thinking of putting one of my books on CreateSpace. I think that despite my minimal marketing I am losing out on sales. But I do not know what book to do first. I feel like I’m at a precipice.
I am also starting to think a lot about Save One. I think because the novella is already completed. I think I have also settled on a cover image as well. It’s a close-up face of a young woman. I’m not too sure how I’ll display the text but I’m going to be using white space seeing as the image is already black and white.